From 8th October 2018 until midnight on 19th November 2018, the UK Domain be donating £1 to BBC Children in Need for every new, paid for .UK domain registered. Their donation will support projects that use digital technology to deliver strong outcomes that change young lives across the UK.
Only new, paid for .UK domains registered during this period will be eligible to qualify for the donation. This applies to domain names ending in .co.uk, .uk, .org.uk, .me.uk, .ltd.uk, .plc.uk and .net.uk.
Why Are They Doing This?
As part of their mission to help individuals achieve more online, their donation will fund projects that use digital technology to support vulnerable young people who can benefit the most from new advancements in tech and digital inclusion.
BBC Children in Need is the No. 1 children’s charity in the UK. In 2017/18 it supported 2,600 projects across the UK, improving the lives of over 600,000 children per year. It is a crucial charity that has helped countless numbers of children over the years and we hope it continues to do so for many more to come.
Stats And Facts
- BBC Children in Need is the No. 1 children’s charity in the UK, registered in England and Wales and Northern Ireland
- It’s the BBC’s corporate charity
- Raises c.£60 million per year of income via general public appeal utilising BBC platforms and external partnerships
- In 2017/18 BBC Children in Need supported 2,600 projects across the UK improving the lives of over 580,00 children last year
- The main televised appeal show will be on 16th November 2018 (attracting 7.1 million viewers in 2017)
Make a difference. Buy a .UK domain now and see your money put to good use helping children in need.
Speak to our friendly team today to find out what our services can do for you. For any other queries, please call 03330 439780 or Chat Live with one of the team.